You May Now Kiss The Bride, or How I Went To a Cottage For Four Days To Photograph My Dear Friends Tying The Knot



ShenanigansGO!....
























On Saturday August 21, 2010, my good friends Andrew Homebrook and Cindy Brereton, got themselves married. It was pretty darn rad. Many moons ago, they asked me if I'd do the magic on their wedding day and I couldn't say no. Anyways, these aren't the traditional/proper portraits I took earlier that day of course - I just wanted to post some fun and mostly hilarious post ceremony, post dinner party photos for those who were involved to munch on until I can get the bulk of the "good stuff" processed. It may be some time, what with the ordering process and all.

Anyways, I love shooting like this for energetic party/event situations. It's crazy dirty, and more than half the time I'm not even looking through the lens, but that's all part of the effect. Personally, working in dark situations with flash hardly EVER looks good (unless you have colour neutral walls to bounce off of), so why not make "lo-fi and whacky" a conscious style? You have to embrace the lo-fi and make dirty your bitch.



ANYWAYS, it was a lovely weekend and I'm really glad I got to share it with such good friends. I really wish Andrew and Cindy the best, and I'm pretty stoked to share the results of further editing.

This was my first wedding job.

xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment